POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : more Ringworld : more Ringworld Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:21:55 EDT (-0400)
  more Ringworld
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 1 Nov 2005 06:20:01
Message: <web.43674e6ac49d937b731f01d10@news.povray.org>
Right, thanks to DKB's precision-tweaking, here's a more accurate Ringworld.
The camera is now a mere mile (about 5000ft) above the ring floor, and the
clouds are ten miles up (still a little high, I know, but close enough).
The view is from roughly halfway to the rim from the ring midplane, as
evidenced by the appearance of the arch (Thomas, I agree, this angle is
much more dramatic!).

Also in the foreground (relatively speaking - it's still over 15,000 miles
away!) is Fist-Of-God mountain, approx 1000 miles high.

I'm pretty happy with this, although I might tweak the clouds a little: the
shiny scrith peak of the mountain is slightly obscured, and the immediate
foreground is in shadow. Any comments or criticism welcomed!

Render time: ~3 hours, mostly the mountain isosurfaces.

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ringworld_3.jpg' (141 KB)